Purpose: To share our maths strategies with our parents and evaluate how well we are doing in maths and find out how we can improve. Our parents can then help us at home.
WALT: (highlight one)
- count on from the biggest number when adding two numbers together (e.g. 3+8 as 8, 9, 10, 11).
- explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding 2 digits (e.g. 18+18+18 as 20+20+20=60-6).
- explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding and subtracting 2 digits (e.g. 71-48 as 73-50).
- explore decimal place value (e.g. how many 10ths, 100ths and 1000ths in a whole number).
- Choose your maths goal so far from this term
- Use the Showme app to “show” how you can solve the maths problem
- Can you solve the problem using a different strategy?
- Speak clearly into your ipad - keep your ipad still
- Get a buddy to view it
- Save Showme as: ‘Your Name’ Term 2 Maths Sample
- Get an adult to check it.
- Copy embed code, paste into the HTML section on your blog.
- Copy and paste title, purpose, task
- What is your maths stage?
- Put a target on your stage for this term: 💪
Counting on & back with 10’s as the unit
Early Stage 5
Simple part whole strategies to 100
Simple part whole strategies to 1000
Wide range of part whole strategies
What do you enjoy in maths and why?
What challenges you the most and why?
What do you need to get better at in maths and why?
How can adults help you with this goal?